NHRC-2 Repeater Controller
Featured in the February, 1997 QST Magazine
The NHRC-2 is an inexpensive repeater controller with real stored speech
and DTMF remote control. It is available assembled and tested, or as a
partial kit. The partial kit contains the printed circuit board, a
programmed PIC microcontroller, a MT8870 DTMF
decoder, and a complete manual on CD-ROM.
The manual contains ordering information
for all the remaining parts needed to build the controller. Typical cost
for building a NHRC-2 (including the partial kit itself) is around $60.
NHRC is pleased to present the NHRC-2 revision D Printed Circuit board!
This new layout features a smaller footprint, improved power routing to
the ISD chip for less noise, as well as silkscreened parts placement on
the component side to simplify assembly.
Click image to view a bigger picture.
- 4 stored voice messages (initial ID, normal ID, timeout, and tail or courtesy beep message)
- "Intelligent" ID algorithm.
- 3 Operating Modes:
- Duplex Repeater Controller
- Simplex Repeater Controller
- Link Controller
- Touch-Tone remote control and programming.
- Hang timer, ID timer, Timeout timer.
- Extremely low power consumption.
- Can be built for less than $60.00 (US).
|NHRC-2 Partial Kit
|ISD 1420P Voice Recorder IC
|NHRC-2 Assembled and Tested
|Shipping & handling charge
See Shipping Info