NHRC-4 Repeater Controller
An Inexpensive Repeater Controller with linking capability
As seen in the September, 1998 issue of 73 Amateur Radio Today Magazine
The NHRC-4 is available assembled and tested, or as a
partial kit. The partial kit contains the printed circuit board, all ICs
(including a programmed PIC microcontroller) and complete
documentation on CD-ROM.
The manual contains ordering information for all the remaining parts needed
to build the controller.
The NHRC-4 is an inexpensive linking repeater controller. The controller
has a "primary" and a "secondary" radio port. The
primary port is used for the controlling repeater, and the secondary port
can be used for a remote base, link radio, or "slaved" repeater.
Unique courtesy tones provide feedback of the input source and link state.
The controller is programmable by sending DTMF sequences. The CW ID, hang
time, ID timer, timeout timer and tail message counter can all be
programmed by the user. All programming is password-protected, and is
stored in non-volatile EEPROM memory.
The NHRC-4 has very low power consumption--less than 20 mA with the
LEDs disabled--making it ideal for use in a solar-powered repeater.
Click image to view a bigger picture.
- Easily integrates with any repeater.
- Secondary port can be remote base, link radio or slaved duplex repeater.
- "Intelligent" ID algorithm.
- Distinctive Courtesy Tones can indicate channel activity:
- primary receiver courtesy tone.
- primary receiver courtesy tone, secondary port transmit enabled.
- secondary receiver courtesy tone.
- secondary receiver courtesy tone, secondary port transmit enabled.
- primary receiver courtesy tone, secondary receiver active, alert mode selected.
- 1 Digital output:
- Fan control (runs when transmitter on and n minutes after).
- On/Off/Pulse commands.
- Open-collector output.
- Touch-Tone remote control and programming.
- Hang timer, ID timer, Timeout timers, Fan Timer, and CW messages stored in non-volatile memory.
- Individual audio gating on each port allows use of non-squelched receiver audio.
- LED CAS,
and DTMF indicators
for primary port.
PTT indicators for secondary port.
- Extremely low power consumption.
NHRC-4 Version 3.0 Manuals
NHRC-4 Obsolete Manuals
||Assembled and Tested
Linking Repeater Controller
|NHRC-4 Partial Kit
||Printed circuit board, all ICs, and documentation
|NHRC-4 Version 3.0 Upgrade
||Includes new microcontroller IC and printed documentation
|Shipping & Handling
||See Shipping Info